Positions that Stick Introduction
- a random assortment of $2 or $3 foam sticker sets from Michael's (I was inspired by the sale on Valentine's Day crafts and a 40% off coupon!).
- white cardstock (could use paper)
- some basic little envelopes I had on hand that the cardstock fit in.
- access to Janelle Durham's sketches on her Transition to Parenthood website to copy onto the cardstock
When to conduct this activity
How to facilitate this activity
- "Push It"
- "I've Got to Get You into My Life"
- "I Want to Break Free"
- "Let's Get It Started"
- Stars - powerful and strong
- Hearts - supported
- Sports balls - baby can move and be active
- Flowers - pelvis is open
How you could modify this activity
About Mallory Emerson
Mallory Emerson, LCCE is a childbirth educator in the Seattle area. She currently teaches Great Starts classes with Parent Trust for Washington Children and is a Perinatal Educator at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, WA. Mallory is passionate about providing evidence-based information to new families so that they can confidently navigate the decisions of pregnancy, birth, and parenthood. Mallory first trained with the Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations at Bastyr University in 2014. She is a Great Starts certified educator and also completed the Passion for Birth training before becoming a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator in 2017