Earlier this spring, Science & Sensibility moved to a new blogging platform, designed to be user friendly, offering an updated look while provide a uniform appearance with all of the other Lamaze International websites and blogs. We have been thrilled with the change but have also received feedback and inquiries about how to leave a comment on the new blog platform from some of our readers.
We recognize that the procedure of leaving a comment may not be as obvious or familiar to you as it was on the old Wordpress platform, so I thought I would take a minute to familiarize our readers with some tips on how to interact with the community on this new blog platform!
On behalf of Science & Sensibility and Lamaze International, I want to let you know how much we value and appreciate your comments, feedback and interaction with all the Science & Sensibility readers. This blog is for you, our readers all around the world, and we very much welcome your thoughts. Several reasons to consider commenting on the blog include:
- Engaging with others who share an interest in maternal infant health
- Sharing a new fact about the topic being discussed
- Offering another side to the story that was not brought up
- Including a helpful resource for others to access
- Providing an example that reinforces (or disputes) the current topic
Here are step by step instructions on how to leave a comment on Science & Sensibility.
1. From the home page www.scienceandsensibility.org, log in to the site using the same username and password you normally use to access the member area of the Lamaze International website.
2. If you are not a Lamaze International member, you may set up a log in as a non-member as well.
3. Alternately, you can choose to not log in at all, but will need to re-enter your name and go through the reCAPTCHA screen every time you comment. Setting up a log in allows the system to autofill your information and bypass the reCAPTCHA screen.
4. After you are logged in (or not), from the blog home page, select the post that you would like to comment on by clicking on the hyperlinked title of your chosen post. Disregard this if you have already pulled up the post you want to leave a comment on.
5. Scroll to the top of the page and click on the speech bubble symbol found on the left side.
6. If you are logged in, the system will autofill your name and you do not have to enter it or go through reCAPTCHA security. Go ahead and fill in the subject and your comment in the appropriate spaces. You can include hyperlinks - for example in a signature at the bottom of your comment, to include your website. Then click save.
7. If you have chosen not to log in, you will need to enter your name and fill in the reCAPTCHA field. You can then go ahead and fill in the subject and your comment in the appropriate spaces. You can include hyperlinks - for example in a signature at the bottom of your comment, to include your website. Then click save.
8. And you are done! You have left your comment, which will be published immediately for others to see and reply to. If you have questions or need support, please contact the Lamaze office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 202-367-1128
Why don't you go ahead and give the commenting a try. Consider leaving a comment here on this post now or go to your favorite previous post and drop a comment there! It will be greatly appreciated and you will be happy to have successfully navigated the commenting system on our new blog platform. I look forward to reading your comments and responses as do all the blog readers!