Lamaze International offers a large variety of useful material for Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educators and others to use to increase professional knowledge and help you when working with and sharing information with expectant and new families. There are YouTube videos, infographics, a smartphone app, professional and consumer blogs, a Pinterest account, weekly newsletters for families, bi-weekly newsletters for Lamaze members, Facebook pages, a Twitter account, Instagram photos, live and recorded webinars and more all available to help you better serve the families that you work with. No matter what type of resource material you choose to access, you can be sure that it is evidence based, current and presented in a professional manner. Here is a summary of many of these resources in one place so that you can use this post as a reference for easy access to useful information whenever you want.
Science & Sensibility blog for birth professionals – if you are reading this, of course you have already found this blog. Published twice a week, you can get all the news, analyses of recently published studies, teaching ideas and more. You can subscribe to this blog to be sure never to miss a post.
Giving Birth with Confidence – Lamaze International’s consumer blog written by Cara Terreri, CD(DONA), LCCE. Follow along with families as they move through their pregnancies, get up to date information on pregnancy, birth and postpartum information – all delivered in a consumer friendly, easy to read format.
Lamaze International YouTube channel – a variety of videos, including “From the President’s Desk,” where Lamaze President, Dr. Robin Elise Weiss shares information on a variety of current issues, short and informative videos on many of our infographics, Six Healthy Birth Practices, and many more professional and consumer friendly videos that promotes safe and healthy births. You can subscribe to this YouTube channel to receive updates when new videos are added.
- Science & Sensibility Facebook Page – Find conversations about new blog posts and other current topics.
- Lamaze Birth Educators Facebook Page – information and tips for any childbirth professional.
- Lamaze International Facebook Page – geared for parents, lots of up-to-date and useful information for those in the childbearing year.
- Tools for Childbirth Professionals – lots of teaching tips, useful research updates and information you can use and share with the families you work with.
- Breastfeeding – what’s new or helpful information for breastfeeding families – just starting out or long time nursers.
- Healthy Birth Practices – helping families to have a safe and healthy birth.
- Birth Videos from Lamaze – another way to access our large video collection.
- Lamaze’s Pin of the Day – the best of the best, every single day.
- Great Expectations: Birth Stories – lots of fun for families to read and share the experiences of parents who have come before them.
- Labor & Birth Support – helping families to be prepared for the big day.
- Inspiration for Moms – an inspiring collection of quotes as families journey through pregnancy, birth and parenting.
- Pregnancy & Birth Issues – when things deviate from normal, this is a great source for families to find information on the variations that might come up during pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
- Staying Healthy during Pregnancy – how a pregnant person can do everything they can to promote a healthy pregnancy, labor and birth.
- Pregnancy Complications – a great source for when a complication arises on the path to birth.
- Training for Birth Pros – a board where you can learn about continuing education opportunities
- @LamazeOnline – educators and parents can follow along on lots of updates and a great interactive monthly Twitter chat.
- @LamazeAdvocates – connects birth pros with peers, professional development & resources to support expectant parents on their journey to a natural, safe & healthy birth, as well as participate in a monthly Twitter chat on a variety of topics.
Pregnancy & Parenting Smartphone App
A great tool for families to use through pregnancy, labor/birth and parenting. Comprehensive, full of great evidence based information and simply very useful. Check out the Pregnancy & Parenting app page on the Lamaze International website to see all the useful features, and find resources to help you introduce the app to the families you work with.
Evidenced based information in an easy to read (and easy to share), visually appealing infographic format. Topics include:
- VBACs (new!)
- Labor Support
- Healthy Birth Practices
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring
- Separating Mom and Baby
- Restricted Food & Drink
- Restricted Movement
- Avoiding the First Cesarean
Your Pregnancy Week By Week – a weekly evidence based newsletter designed for parents that provides them with helpful information, tips and resources, delivered right to their inboxes weekly, based on their due date.
Inside Lamaze – a vital resource for continuing education available to Lamaze Members. The latest news, research, and information on upcoming events right in your inbox two times a month. Join Lamaze now to receive this valuable bi-weekly newsletter.
Professional webinars for birth professionals with contact hours that are accepted by many maternal and infant health organizations, including nursing associations. Many of the webinars are free and only incur a small cost for contact hours.
Instagram – a place to find all the Lamaze pregnancy, birth and postpartum news that is fit for a picture!
Lamaze has you covered with great resources that keep you informed, up-to-date and connected on a variety of platforms and in diverse formats. Stay connected with Lamaze International and have a plethora of useful information always at your fingertips and ready to share with expectant families. How do you stay connected with Lamaze? What’s your favorite Lamaze resource? Let us know in the comments section below.