Calling all bloggers! Healthy Birth Blog Carnival #6: Motherbaby edition
Keeping birth healthy and safe doesn’t end when the baby is out. Skin-to-skin contact, the beginnings of emotional attachment, the mother’s physical recovery, and the initiation of breastfeeding are the continuum of biological processes that began in pregnancy and labor. We’ve reached number six in our six-part series of Blog Carnivals. And this one is about keeping moms and babies together after birth.
That’s right – this is the last Healthy Birth Blog Carnival! The Carnivals, to me, represent the huge amount of information, support, and woman-to-woman collaboration the internet now offers to support safe and healthy birth. I’ve loved reading all of your stories, hearing diverse perspectives, and working together to generate a new understanding of the type of care that moms and babies deserve. I know I am in for some delightful and insightful reading – and some heartbreaking stories, too.
You can submit anything that relates to the care and support of mothers and babies after birth. Here are some resources from Lamaze International to get you started:
- The Healthy Birth Practice Paper, written by Jeannette Crenshaw, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
- The Healthy Birth Your Way handout on keeping your baby with you in the hospital, produced by InJoy Birth & Parenting Videos in partnership with Lamaze International
- Our Healthy Birth Your Way video
Participation in the Healthy Birth Blog Carnival is easy:
1. If you are a blogger, write a blog post on the Carnival theme. Post it on your blog by Friday, June 11. Make sure the post links back to this blog post, to the Healthy Birth Practice Paper, or to the video above. You may also submit a previously written post, as long as the information is still current.
2. Send an email with a link to your post to amyromano [at] lamaze dot org.
3. If you do not have a blog but would like to participate, you may submit a guest post for consideration by emailing it to me.
4. I will compile and post the Blog Carnival at Lamaze’s brand new web community for women: Giving Birth with Confidence.