Calling All Bloggers (Again)! Healthy Birth Blog Carnival #2
Last week, bloggers weighed in on different aspects of how labor begins and provided what I think is a treasure trove of evidence and wisdom on the subject. Now we’re ready to move on to Lamaze’s second Healthy Birth Practice:
Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor
Here are some Lamaze resources to get you thinking about how movement affects labor and birth.
- The Healthy Birth Practice Paper, written by Teri Shilling, MS, CD(DONA), IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
- The Healthy Birth Your Way handout on movement in labor (PDF), produced by Lamaze International and InJoy Birth & Parenting Videos
- Companion tip sheets, “Maintaining Freedom of Movement” (PDF) and “Positions for Labor” (PDF)
- Our Healthy Birth Your Way Video:
Participation in the Healthy Birth Blog Carnival is easy:
1. If you are a blogger, write a blog post on the Carnival theme (Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor). Post it on your blog by Sunday, October 25. Make sure the post links back to this blog post, to the Healthy Birth Practice Paper, or to the Mother’s Advocate video. You may also submit a previously written post, as long as the information is still current.
2. Send an email with a link to your post to amyromano [at] lamaze dot org.
3. If you do not have a blog but would like to participate, you may submit a guest post by emailing it to me.
4. I will compile and post the Blog Carnival here at Science & Sensibility the week of October 26.