Calling All Bloggers (Again)! Healthy Birth Blog Carnival #3
We’ve had two successful Healthy Birth Carnivals and it’s time to make it to the half-way point through Lamaze’s Six Healthy Birth Practices. We’ve heard what bloggers had to say about letting labor begin on its own and movement in labor. Next up?
Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support.
Here are some Lamaze resources to get you thinking about continuous support in labor:
- The Healthy Birth Practice Paper, written by Jeanne Green, MT, CD(DONA), LCCE, FACCE, and Barbara A. Hotelling, MSN, CD(DONA), LCCE, FACCE
- The Healthy Birth Your Way handout on continuous support in labor, produced by InJoy Birth & Parenting Videos in partnership with Lamaze International
- Companion tip sheets, Creating a Support Team and Finding a Doula
- Our Healthy Birth Your Way video
Participation in the Healthy Birth Blog Carnival is easy:
1. If you are a blogger, write a blog post on the Carnival theme (Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support). Post it on your blog by Monday, November 23. Make sure the post links back to this blog post, to the Healthy Birth Practice Paper, or to the video above. You may also submit a previously written post, as long as the information is still current.
2. Send an email with a link to your post to amyromano [at] lamaze dot org.
3. If you do not have a blog but would like to participate, you may submit a guest post by emailing it to me.
4. I will compile and post the Blog Carnival here at Science & Sensibility the week of November 30.