Teaching Opportunity for Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educators During World Breastfeeding Week
Lamaze International and Babies R Us are joining together to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week and we need your help. Would you like to promote breastfeeding and share your wisdom with new parents at Babies R Us stores across the country in conjunction with World Breastfeeding Week? Are you a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator? Preference will be given to LCCEs for this exciting opportunity. Educators, read on and consider participating in this event, sure to be fun and worthwhile for both you and new parents.
World Breastfeeding Week is August 1- 7, 2012. On Saturday, August 4th, selected Babies R Us stores will host a breastfeeding information session from noon-3 PM. Lamaze Educators will present a 1 hour information session on Nursing Basics for New Moms beginning at 1 PM. As you are aware, breastfeeding is often the next challenge after childbirth, and this session is a wonderful opportunity to reach new and expectant parents in a casual yet informative gathering, helping moms and babies get their breastfeeding relationship off to a healthy start.
How New Moms Will Benefit
- Free info session conveniently located in one of many Babies R Us locations
- Free handouts on breastfeeding resources
- Access to experienced Lamaze Educators who can answer questions and make referrals
- Accurate information based on Lamaze International CBE curriculum
- Opportunity for you to meet expectant families in your community
- Introduce families to all the valuable Lamaze International resources available to them
- Join other educators and birth professionals around the world in celebrating World Breastfeeding Week
- Help new mothers get breastfeeding questions answered accurately
- Share best practices for new nursing moms
- Earn up to 5 alternate credits for Lamaze contact hours towards your recertification
- Receive handouts and material that promotes breastfeeding to new moms
If this opportunity sounds exciting and of interest to you, then please contact Stephanie Burt by email (or phone 301-275-6899) to let Lamaze know that you are interested in participating in this nationwide event. Lamaze International continues to be a leader in the childbirth field by creating ways for new parents to receive information in easy, accessible formats right in their own communities. Don’t miss this chance to connect and help mothers and babies, while celebrating of breastfeeding with others around the world.
Please don’t forget to come back and tell us your experience in this community outreach event, reaching new moms and their babies. What a great way to support new families and share your teaching skills at the same time.